- Community Name: El Paraiso
- Municipality: Huite
- Department: Zacapa
- Total Population: 495
- Children under 5 years old: 82 (16.5% of total population)
- School age children (5 - 18 years old): 214 (43% of total population)
- Women of child-bearing age (15 - 49 years old): 93 (18.8% of total population)
Details: El Paraiso is a small, outlining community located on top of a mountain near Huite, Zacapa. The community is surrounded by land owned by a major land owner, who pays the families of El Paraiso to farm plots of land. Unfortunately, this means that families do not have their own farmland to grow food for themselves.
- Infrastructure improvement to classroom at public school
- Two classroom expansion to public school
- Playground for public school
- Assistant Social Worker: Help conduct home visits and socio-economic study of the community. Design formatting and filing systems for social work department. Assess community needs and make programming recommendations to AP1 Board of Directors.
- English Teacher: Bring English classes to the children Santa Cruz by offering afterschool classes. Design your own curriculum and create a lasting impact on the next generation of the village.
- School snack program
- Spanish language books
- School supplies
- Sports equipment