- All groups must have a minimum of 6 people. Groups of less than 6 people who are interested in helping AP1 are encouraged to join an open group trip. If the open trip dates do not work for your small group, please contact our Groups Coordinator to discuss other options.
- Single groups have a maximum of 10 people.
- Double groups have a minimum of 11 people and a maximum of 20 people. This distinction is to accomodate for increased costs of transportation, security, and coordination that larger groups require.
- $650 per person.
- This price includes: private airport transportation, hotel (Saturday to Sunday), meals (Saturday dinner to Sunday breakfast), an English-speaking guide, security, materials for volunteer activities, daily private transportation, and Saturday excursion costs.
- This price does not include: airfare, traveler's insurance (required), souvenirs, medicine or medical expenses, additional food or drink purchases, additional travel or extra hotel nights.
- $2500 suggested single group donation or $5000 suggested double group donation. We will be happy to help your team come up with some creative fundraising ideas to help you meet this goal.
- To reserve a group's trip, we require a $500 non-refundable deposit within two weeks of submitting your reservation request. If the deposit is not received, your group's dates will be available for others to reserve. This deposit will be applied towards the suggested donation amount.
Special Trip Themes
Our sample trip itinerary gives you a good idea of what most groups do during their week of volunteer activities. However, we also offer a couple of unique trip packages for specialized interest groups. You can learn more about those packages below, or contact our Groups Coordinator if you have a specific trip idea in mind.
- Medical or Dental Groups: Groups of medical or dental professionals, or students studying to join these important professions, offer invaluable skills to AP1's mission. Based on the unique focus and experience of your medical or dental group, our Groups Coordinator would be happy to plan more extensive field clinic work, including surgeries, vaccinations, dental cleanings & extractions, malnutrition screenings, health worker trainings, and much more. Please tell our Groups Coordinator about any special medical interests your group has to start building a one-of-a-kind trip that serves the needs of the community.
- Church Groups: We welcome groups of all faiths who would like to serve the poor, and we honor all beliefs that lead to health and happiness. If you would like to help us further our mission by organizing a group from your church, we're happy to work with you to create a trip that shares your group's beliefs while respecting the identity and beliefs of the people we serve.
- Construction Groups: An important aspect of AP1's work with communities and nutrition programs in building up their infrastructure to ensure that health and wellness continue to benefit the area's children for years to come. Construction projects range from painting classrooms to building new hospital rooms, and everything in between. Please ask our Groups Coordinator about current construction project needs and additional material costs associated with these projects.